Learning through travel, Abbie has eaten her way through nearly 60 countries. Australia, Finland, Morocco, Japan and France - a few of her culinary favoruites. She's passionate about taking ginger into unexpected places, while still revisiting the classics like her beloved Ultimate Chewy Ginger Snaps. Favourite culinary book: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. Favourite moment with a fellow chef: Dinner with Julia Child, 1992. Actually, she was at the next table. We told the waiter, "We'll have what she's having."
Ginger Beef Stir-Fry
I’ve been remaking this recipe for over 10 years. It’s so easy. Juicy beef, crisp asparagus and warming chilies are tossed in a rich sauce that is sweet and spicy. Pair this ginger beef stir fry with a bowl of rice to soak up the flavours of the sauce.
- 30g The Ginger People® Organic Pickled Sushi Ginger, sliced
- 1 teaspoon plain flour
- 450g lean top sirloin steak, sliced across grain 1/2cm thick
- 45ml vegetable oil, divided
- 25g minced garlic, about 5 cloves
- 100g snap peas or asparagus cut in bite-size pieces, optional
- 45ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 15ml The Ginger People® Minced Ginger
- 15ml lime juice
- 15ml sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon The Ginger People® Ginger Syrup
- 2 fresh red chilies or 1 jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- 5-10g coriander leaves
- Hot cooked rice
- Soak sliced Sushi Ginger in a small bowl of warm water for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Return to the bowl and toss with flour.
- Heat 15ml oil on high in a large nonstick wok or skillet. Add half the meat in a single layer (don’t overcrowd) and cook over high heat until seared on both sides, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a platter. Repeat with second half of meat.
- Return the skillet to high heat. Add additional tablespoon oil and garlic; stir until fragrant, about 15 seconds, watching carefully so as not to burn. Return all the meat to pan with vegetables (if using).
- Combine soy sauce, MInced Ginger, lime juice and sesame oil. Then add to stir fry along with Ginger Syrup, sliced Sushi Ginger and chilies. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes. Add 15-30ml water to loosen sauce if desired.
- Stir in coriander. Serve over rice.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.