PREP: 15 MIN | COOK: 40 MIN | SERVES: 4
Trained at the famous Gato Dumas school in Colombia, Marla Noriega is a kitchen lover at heart and professional chef by trade. Marla believes to eat well is to live well. A healthy body pairs with a healthy mind. She likes working with quick and easy recipes. Cooking is a form of meditation for Marla. Immerse yourself in your cooking to taste something truly wonderful.
Creamy Turmeric-Ginger Butternut Soup
Sweet butternut squash tempers the heat of ginger in this vegan soup. Coconut milk is swirled in for creaminess, turmeric adds rich earthiness and a pop of colour. Toasted pumpkin seeds top it off with a pleasing crunch.
- 60ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic gloves, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 chilli (optional)
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 120ml The Ginger People® Turmeric Juice
- 120ml The Ginger People® Ginger Juice
- 470m vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 can coconut milk (400ml)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted pumpkin seeds (garnish)
1. Add 45ml oil to large, heavy pot, heat to medium-high. Wait until the oil is hot, add the garlic and onion. Sauté for five minutes or until soft. Stirring occasionally. Do not allow to brown.
2. When the onion is cooked, add carrot, red pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté another 5 minutes. Then add squash, vegetable broth or water, chili, Turmeric Juice and Ginger Juice. Mix and return to a bubble and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 30 minutes over low heat.
3. Mix until smooth in a blender or use a stick blender.
4. Add coconut, blend again until desired consistency is reached.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Garnish with the remaining olive oil and toasted pumpkin seeds
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.