PREP: 15 MIN | COOK: 25 MIN | SERVES: 4
To create a Poke Rice Bowl: replace the egg and tofu with about 60g prepared Hawaiian-style poke, available at quality fish markets.
Recipe by Rosemary Marks
Trained in culinary arts and food science, Rosemary Marks has worked with various food brands for over 30 years to expand their recipe libraries. Rosemary's 4 recipe As: Appealing flavors, Approachable everyday cooking, Achievable results and Accurately tested and written recipes. Favorite culinary book: Flour Water Salt Yeast. Favorite moment with a fellow chef: Flo Braker for her in-depth baking skills; and upcoming Top Chef contestant Nelson German for his ingenuity in blending cultures and food as an art form. @reciperose on Instagram.
Veggie Rice Bowl with Pickled Ginger
This couldn’t be simpler for a healthy rice and vegetable entrée. Ginger Juice substitutes for part of the rice cooking water, adding a subtle ginger flavour. Grated Ginger makes a quick pickling of carrots and snow peas, and pickled ginger adds a characteristic sushi flair. Top it off with a soft-cooked egg if you like.
- 250g Jasmine or long grain rice (or combination of both)
- 60ml plus 1 tablespoon The Ginger People® Organic Ginger Juice, divided
- 60g coarsely shredded carrot
- 60g snow peas, sliced in thin strips
- 30g The Ginger People® Organic Pickled Sushi Ginger, sliced
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon The Ginger People® Ginger Juice
- 1 tablespoon The Ginger People® Minced Ginger
- 250g firm tofu, drained, cut in thin strips (optional)
- 125g fresh shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs, poached or fried (optional)
- Garnish- The Ginger People® Organic Pickled Sushi Ginger
- Garnish- Coriander
- Combine 60ml Ginger Juice, 473ml water and rice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cover and keep warm. (Alternatively, cook in rice cooker).
- Combine carrot, snow peas and Grated Ginger in a bowl.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, Ginger Juice and Minced Ginger, tofu (optional) and mushrooms. Stir-fry 3-5 minutes until mushrooms are softened.
- To make rice bowls: Divide rice between four bowls. Add an egg if desired. Surround with gingered carrots and snow peas, tofu and mushrooms, Pickled Sushi Ginger and cilantro.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.