Serve as a vegan entrée over cooked rice with pan-browned cubed tofu. Or add cubed tofu in step 4.
Learning through travel, Abbie has eaten her way through nearly 60 countries. Australia, Finland, Morocco, Japan and France - a few of her culinary favoruites. She's passionate about taking ginger into unexpected places, while still revisiting the classics like her beloved Ultimate Chewy Ginger Snaps. Favourite culinary book: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. Favourite moment with a fellow chef: Dinner with Julia Child, 1992. Actually, she was at the next table. We told the waiter, "We'll have what she's having."
Warm Broccoli Salad with Uncrystallised Bare Ginger
Sweet-spicy Uncrystallised Bare Ginger with salty soy sauce, a touch of lemon and crunchy almonds takes broccoli from dull to delightful. You’ll want more than one serving!
- 450g or one bunch of broccoli
- 75g chopped almonds
- 45ml vegetable or olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 30g The Ginger People® Uncrystallised Bare Ginger, finely chopped
- 30ml soy sauce
- 15ml lemon juice
- Cut broccoli flowerets into bite-size pieces. Trim stems and slice diagonally.
- Heat a wok or wide skillet over medium-high heat. Add 15ml oil and sauté almonds 1-2 minute or just until toasted. Remove from pan with slotted spoon. Reserve. Wipe pan clean with paper towel.
- Add remaining oil and broccoli; stir fry until barely tender, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and stir fry additional 2 minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp.
- Stir in Uncrystallised Bare Ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice and reserved almonds. Continue stir frying about 1 minute for flavors to blend. Serve warm or room temperature.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.